tabs

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Getting Scrappy Challenge ~~ For the Love of Bling!

Welcome to another Getting Scrappy Challenge over at Amanda's Crafts and More!!
This week our challenge is For the Love of Bling! Use glitter, stickles, rhinestones, etc.
You know we all love our bling! :) So if you use it, come join us in our challenge!! 

Here is my layout for this weeks challenge!
I am so beyond ecstatic at the way this page came out!
All paper used is from the Echo Park Country Drive collection. The black cardstock is Recollections. I stamped the date in the top right corner with a Recollections stamp and heat embossed it with Stampendous white embossing powder. The yellow twine on the left side panel was included in my gift pack from Amanda, there was so much good stuff in there!!

I inked my doily with some yellow, and used some pretty glitter daisies stacked on top of each other and topped with a twinery twine tied ribbon :) (say that 3 times fast!)

I misted my black paper with perfect pearls silver shimmer spray and flicked some yellow paint. (This is my 3rd time using the paint technique, so I can consider myself an official paint flicker now!! Woo Hoo!)
This cute little daisy is cut from the Create-a-Critter cartridge at 5". I cut the stem two times, out of green and yellow, then trimmed the yellow part off and popped it up on pop dots.

Cutie stamp is by imaginisce that I got for $1 at a LSS. I used a heart rhinestone to adorn the middle of my daisy. The 3 little bees that I used on my page are Jolee's Boutique, then I doodled all of their buzz trails :)

My title was inspired by the song by Sonny and Cher, "My Girl". Once I figured out that I wanted to use this as my title the song was stuck in my head for 2 days until I finished my layout. I walked around all day singing the only parts I know! LOL. "sunshine" and "my girl" are glittered chipboard thickers, and the rest is hand written.
So I have a few different blingy elements on my page, come link up your project at our Getting Scrappy Challenge and show us how you use your bling!! :) 
Our prize for the month is a
$20 Gift Voucher to
Donated by our new sponsor Designs on Cloud 9
If you enter both challenges for the month you can be entered twice for the prize!

I am also entering this page into the following challenges:
CropStop- It's a... Baby!
Scraptastic Club- Sketch and use hexagons


HAPPY SCRAPPING!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Fabulous LO! I love your take on the sketch that you used. Great to see such different colors used. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

WOW! You have outdone yourself with this beautiful LO! I love the honeycomb look, I would have never thought of that! And of course the shimmer is perfect! Fantastic work! I hope I can only pay you some homage to your pages when I recreate one for your blog hop this weekend! Love working with you and for the words of encouragement/inspiration!
Lisa

Lisa Watson said...

LOVE that honeycomb pattern on this layout!!! Wonderful LO! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!

kramer_buffy said...

love all that yellow against that black, it makes it pop beautifully. Thanks for playing with us last week @ CropStop's blog challenge. Our new challenge is up!

-- dalis

Heather Landry said...

Thanks so much for participating in the Scraptastic Club challenge! I really love what you did with the sketch.