tabs

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baby Shower Paper Bag Card

Last year my cousin and I were pregnant at the same time and our daughters were born 2 weeks apart.. I made 2 paper bag baby shower cards, one for a girl and one for a boy, both for my cousin and my friend that was also pregnant at the same time (2 months younger than Kenzie)

This was my first time making this type of card and I know I will be making more in the future
I cut the bottom of the paper bag off the bag and cut a double sided strip of paper long enough to go around it with about an inch and a half left to overlap the front again for the little flap.  I used my deco scissors to trim the edge and wrapped a ribbon around the flap. "baby" is cut from the Simply Sweet cartridge with its shadow and popped up on pop dots. (the safety pin is not part of the card, I think it got stuck on the pop dot and wasn't noticed when taking the picture)

I stapled a small piece of ribbon to the matching cardstock inside the card and wrote my message. I wish I had little velcro dots when I made this card because if you notice the front top, the little glue dot I used to close the card ripped the design off the paper. Other than that I LOVED these little cards, they were perfect and one of the very first cards I ever made :)


No comments: